Saison Farmhouse biere da table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lsrc11

Reaction score
I just brewed my first biere da table I'm using wyeast 3725 bier de garde. I saw nice fermentation action about 24 hours after pitching but today the foam cap was just about gone and the fermentation had slowed. The carboy is around 74 degree F is it too cold for the yeast strain what can the problem be.

Only way to know for sure is to wait a couple days and take a gravity reading. I doubt it's finished though.

Wyeast 3725 PC
Bier de Garde
Low to moderate ester production with subtle spiciness. Malty and full on the palate with initial sweetness. Finishes dry and slightly tart. Ferments well with no sluggishness.

Attenuation 74-79%
Alc. Tolerance 12%
Flocculation low
Temperature Range 70-95°F (21-35°C)

74 is within range of the yeast and should still ferment. Check the gravity, if it is done then youre golden. If not then rouse the yeast and try to warm it up a couple degrees the best you can.

Just bottled the very same beer a couple of weeks ago. Mine fermented around 74-75 also. I left it in the primary for 3 weeks before bottling. I had cooled my wort to 68 degrees and pitched the not quite fully swollen smack pack at that temp. My buddies and I tried some last weekend, while it wasn't quite fully carbed it was very tasty. It finnished at 1.008 fg. My OG if I remember correctly was 1.042.
I wouldn't worry to much.

Back