P.S. Midwest supplies closes at 3pm on Sundays

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkatuw

Reaction score
My wife and I purchased my parents tickets to see Wicked in Minneapolis yesterday, but they qualified for a national tennis tournament, so they felt bad, but gave the tickets back to us. We were originally going to sell them, but decided to see the show for ourselves.

We live about 80 miles from Minneapolis, so we decided to make a whole day of it. Saturday afternoon I put together a shopping list since a stop at Midwest Supplies was on the agenda.

We started at the Mall of America, hit the Disney Store, NY & Company and 50 min in Archives (I was ready to pull my hair out, but was patient since I knew I'd take my time in Midwest).

We grabbed a quick lunch at Applebee's (we had a gift card) and then we hit the Container Store. SWMBO was in heaven, she loves organizing stuff. We walk through every single isle in the store, but it only takes about 30 min.

Then we hit another upscale mall where we walked through Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids (we don't even have any kids!), Tiffany's, William Sonoma and Barnes & Nobles. Thankfully, we didn't buy anything, but where did go to all those stores if we weren't going to buy anything?!?! I don't understand women and shopping.

So we get back in the car around 3:30pm and put Midwest's address into the GPS. We get there around 3:45pm and the parking lot is empty, I'm confused, and we pull up and see their hours are 11-3 on Sunday, I could have sworn it was 10-5, but those are saturday's hours!

So instead of loading up the trunk with grains and yeast, we spend an hour at Target shopping for Bumbo baby seats for my cousin's baby shower in two weeks.

We grabbed a quick dinner at Chipotle and then headed downtown to see the play. At least Wicked was an awesome show. But it's really going to bug me if I don't head back to Minneapolis soon and have to pay shipping instead because I was being patient walking around the two different malls not buying anything when I could have been buying grains.

Always let your fingers do the walking; call 'em & verify the hours before you leave the house. I know, hindsight is 20/20. Regards, GF.

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I think Northern Brewer is open later...

And Chipotle < Qdoba. ;-)

Finally made it back to Midwest today. I could spend all day in that store! Picked up all the ingredients for my next 4 brews and they also gave me a 10% discount for being an AHA member. All the employees were very helpful and very eager to help.

Now I just need to fix up a leak in my CFC and I'll be ready to brew Jamil's Schwarzbier next weekend.

Latest posts

Back