Founder's Breakfast Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewenstein

Reaction score
Just bought a 4 pack yesterday (for $16 with tax :eek:!) and cracked a couple with a friend tonight. Wow! Talk about coffee! That is pretty much all I could taste. This is the first time that I have had it, and I was hoping for more. Mostly coffee, a hint of chocolate on the aftertaste and it seemed a bit thin for a big beer. After we each had half of our glass, I grabbed one of my imperial stouts that is a year old and poured half into each of our glasses. I could still taste the coffee, but it seemed to be in better balance. Maybe the coffee is strong because it is so fresh. I put a couple of bottles away to see how they age. Hopefully the flavors will meld in time. I was psyched to brew the clone of this, but now I am not so sure. I am interested to hear what others think of this years FBS offering.

i just bought a single bottle yesterday. the guy at the store commented about how this years batch had more of a coffee taste than before.

I've heard it was the best batch in two years. And there is a reason they call it "Breakfast Stout"!

I like it, but I really like their Kentucky Breakfast Stout much more. And at over $20 a 4-pack, it better be good!

And there is a reason they call it "Breakfast Stout"!
Quote the Homer....nevermore...

But really, I love this beer! The guys in CA have their pliny and we have Founder's BS. My most favorite way to enjoy one is with my eggs and bacon for breakfast, esspecially when camping or to start off a "full day of drinking". My biggest complaint was that there is not enough caffine in it so I needed to still have coffee or a MTN Dew, this lead me to: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/water-joe-anyone-tried-yet-224879/

I love this stout! Not sure if I have had "this years" but i had it a few month ago and it was as great as normal!

Ok, i drank one last night. Here is my review:

I drank one last year. It was probably 6 months old on the shelf. It tasted extremely average. Maybe this beer doesn't age well.

The one i drank last night was completely different, MUCH better. It had a strong coffee flavor and a nice chocolate beer taste. I was camping, so the beer was probably only 60 or 65 degrees chilled. It was so good that i'm going to buy another 8 of them right now!

Luckily, here in VA, they only cost $2.50 a bottle. I should probably buy more.

Latest posts

Back