Question the answers, or WTF?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We received yet another of those stupid holiday letters yesterday. This one from the bimbette wife of a friend. She is such a bimbette that she has alienated my friend from the rest of the group of friends. Yet, she feels the need to send this holiday card with pictures of her two "little peanuts" and tells us "she thinks of us often." Apparently often means when she wants to brag about her kids and her life.

Anyhoo, back to the letter. What is with these things? I don't care that your 5 yo daughter is in the "talented and gifted" section of kindergarten. It's kindergarten. At that age, talented and gifted means coloring within the lines and not soiling yourself. Get over it.

I do not care that your 2 yo son does "wonderfully perfect rolls" in gymnastics class. A) are you training him to be a monkey? and, B) he's a boy in gymnastics class. You are setting him up for a lifetime of beatings.:mad:

I do not care that you left your "aesthetic technician" job (ie, manicurist) to be at home. The only time I care about you is when you show your boobs to the group, which, frankly, aren't all that great. But I'm all for a cheap thrill.

And what is with Facebook? Why do people feel the need to tell their "friends" everything? Hey, look, Joan is getting ready to take a crap. Oh boy, Michelle is going to the gym. Whoo f*ckin hoo.

Ladies, explain this cuddling phenomenon to me. Not post-coital, but cuddling for the sake of cuddling. To me that means an arm that is tingly from falling asleep and a major crick in my neck.

Why does my recycling guy feel the need to come by at 6:15 am and loudly dump stuff in his truck? I'm going to find his address and stand outside his home at 3 am some Saturday playing "Taps" badly on a trumpet.

I might have to slap my neighbor for her husband. She said it was "justice" that her husband had to stay home with one of their sick kids the other day. OK, one, you work two days a week by choice. Your husband works his nuts off. Two, your kids are in school all day. Three, STFU!

Rant over. For now.

Woo, nicely done!

And for the record, I report my poop schedule on Facebook as a court-ordered public service. Not my idea. :cross:

We have a very similar family friend. It's been hilarious because the letters started out as "Child #2 is going to be in the winter X games next year we hope! Child #1 is getting all A's and is going to harvard!"

two years later:

"Child #1 is living at home and part-time landscapes and claims to be a producer. Child #2 works at ski mart and has quit skiing and snowboarding."

It makes me laugh

And for the record, I report my poop schedule on Facebook as a court-ordered public service. Not my idea.

Thanks Janet. That was perfectly good coffee and a formerly clean monitor. :D

My neighbor loves to brag about how she potty-trained her grandson (she's 44) at 18 months. She doesn't mention that she didn't care to take the time to teach him to wipe his ass though. :rolleyes: Mom's doing the Coyote Ugly thing at some bar, dad's off banging a stripper, and he's (now 6) playing with Little Mermaid dolls. Now that's what I call a success story. :cross:

Kids progress at different rates and even out at some point. Don't worry, Sheck...by the sound of it, she'll have 'em pretty well screwed up by the time they're 16.

Time to hit the head...after I load up Facebook. :D

Yeah I don't know why people feel such a desire to connect that they have
to use something everyone has in common and is completely mediocre to do
so.

I just joined the "I have two feet and an ass" group on myspace!

There's a net meet Friday, yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

OK, I just checked my Facebook page. One of the entries from somebody I went to high school with, and I quote:

"Bitsy (name change to protect the innocent) is excited for the weekend."

You really took time out of your day to let everybody know about that incredibly mundane and not-in-the-least-bit-interesting fact. Thank you, now I'll rest easier.

Cripes.

Ladies, explain this cuddling phenomenon to me. Not post-coital, but cuddling for the sake of cuddling. To me that means an arm that is tingly from falling asleep and a major crick in my neck.

Snuggling is the price you pay for drive-by titty-grabs.

Or at least that's how it works in my house.

Rant edit: I hate when really melodramatic people use asterisks and "sigh" to show that they are frustrated or whatever. It's actually only 2 people I know that annoy me with this usage, and that's because they are the kind of people that would actually SAY "sigh" when they talk. UGH.

OK, I just checked my Facebook page. One of the entries from somebody I went to high school with, and I quote:

"Bitsy (name change to protect the innocent) is excited for the weekend."

You really took time out of your day to let everybody know about that incredibly mundane and not-in-the-least-bit-interesting fact. Thank you, now I'll rest easier.

Cripes.

Shecky,
I think I need to send you some Facebook bling and a Facebook hug.

Will that cheer your spirits?:D

I usually get hit for that. Is there a better, less painful technique?

I would hurt myself if I had to hit HWMO every time he does it! HWMO uses the "I am fascinated by your boobs, so this is actually kind of your fault" angle. ;) He even has sort of a jig he occasionally does before he attacks, so I know it's coming. Just make it entertaining! :D

I usually get hit for that. Is there a better, less painful technique?

+1 to that. I usually walk away wincing.

I hate when really melodramatic people use asterisks and "sigh" to show that they are frustrated or whatever. It's actually only 2 people I know that annoy me with this usage, and that's because they are the kind of people that would actually SAY "sigh" when they talk. UGH.

Note to self: Stop quipping with Janet, she doesn't get the humor. :D

Snuggling is the price you pay for drive-by titty-grabs.

Or at least that's how it works in my house.
Why is there a toll for that? Seems to me it's flattering.

Shecky,
I think I need to send you some Facebook bling and a Facebook hug.

Will that cheer your spirits?:D
Nope, just be one of the many things I ignore on Facebook every day. Good effort, though.

I would hurt myself if I had to hit HWMO every time he does it! HWMO uses the "I am fascinated by your boobs, so this is actually kind of your fault" angle. ;) He even has sort of a jig he occasionally does before he attacks, so I know it's coming. Just make it entertaining! :D
The way I see it, the damn things protrude for a reason. Still doesn't explain the cuddling thing.

First off....Is she hot in a trampy kept woman/manicurist with big bewbies sort of way???

Secondly this thread sux without pics.

Third...I wonder if anyone's ever twittered their bathroom habits...If you think facebook is useless, you'll just LOVE twitter.....:D

Why is there a toll for that? Seems to me it's flattering.

The way I see it, the damn things protrude for a reason. Still doesn't explain the cuddling thing.

Well, it IS flattering, it's just also that it halts our daily activities. I am currently writing an article for Woman's Home Journal entitled "Lost Productivity and the Prolonged Titty-Grab: How to keep dusting when he just won't let go."

As for the cuddling, you've got me. HWMO likes it as much as I do (and no, I'm not deluded, he actually initiates more often than I do), but it's never for long and certainly not when it's time to sleep.

Shecky, you can have my Grumpus Bear designation for today. :p

First off....Is she hot in a trampy kept woman/manicurist with big bewbies sort of way???

Secondly this thread sux without pics.

Third...I wonder if anyone's ever twittered their bathroom habits...If you think facebook is useless, you'll just LOVE twitter.....:D
She is good looking, but I don't consider vapid, selfish, conceited, stupid women at all attractive. I have no pics of here and don't want any.

Twitter, yeah, that escapes me. Just like text messaging escapes me. Let me see, you're typing a message on your phone to somebody you could just as easily call and it would take less time.

Sure, makes perfect sense.:mad:

Well, it IS flattering, it's just also that it halts our daily activities. I am currently writing an article for Woman's Home Journal entitled "Lost Productivity and the Prolonged Titty-Grab: How to keep dusting when he just won't let go."

As for the cuddling, you've got me. HWMO likes it as much as I do (and no, I'm not deluded, he actually initiates more often than I do), but it's never for long and certainly not when it's time to sleep.

Shecky, you can have my Grumpus Bear designation for today. :p
My titty-grabs don't usually impede on day-to-day activities. Plus, I do almost all of the dusting around here.

Cuddling is fine. My issue stems from last night when my wife says, "We should get naked tonight. My mother will be here for a week starting tomorrow."

I say, "Good idea."

Fast forward four hours. In bed, she hits me with, "We don't cuddle enough." Five minutes of cuddling later, she's snoring like crazy.

I'll gladly be Grumpus Bear for the day. I'm honored.

Twitter, yeah, that escapes me. Just like text messaging escapes me. Let me see, you're typing a message on your phone to somebody you could just as easily call and it would take less time.

As someone with big thumbs and needs reading glasses, I too hate text messages....and twitter, well I guess if I had a life maybe it would be interesting...

Lets see...

5:45- 6:30 am drink coffee, check hbt/email, have morning "constitutional"
6:40- 6:50 Shower shave dress...
7am to sometime between 8 and 8:30 depending on traffic-commute to work.
8:30 to 4:45ish work, post on hat eat lunch, fall asleep for 10 minutes after lunch, post on hbt some more.
5pm-6 or 6:30 commute home
6:30 to 7 something cook, or unwrap carryout, eat.
7ish - bedtime drink beer, post on hbt.
10 or 11pm go to bed.

Yeah wow, I can see how some would just love to watch my day. :rolleyes:

To really add to my day, I just wrenched the crap out of my back trying to stay upright after slipping on the sheet of ice that is my driveway. :mad:

Come in to find out a friend tagged me for "25 things about me" on Facebook. Yet another thing to ignore.:mad:

+1 on the letter. The SWMBO of a friend of a friend sends 'em out each year. This years one detailing their 5 vacations, 3 of which were cruises, seemed especially crass if it weren't for the fact that she topped out the crass-ometer way back.

OK, now don't post any more 'til I get back from my AM poop.

Jeezly crow, Shek, Fark it, just start drinking now. You could bring that whole crappy day to a close in a couple of hours.

Or maybe you just need a nap.

Jeezly crow, Shek, Fark it, just start drinking now. You could bring that whole crappy day to a close in a couple of hours.

Or maybe you just need a nap.
Love to, but I have that work thing in the way. I don't even start working for another couple of hours. Can't wait to see what happens then.

Oh..i would disagree with that. I find txting quick messages MUCH quicker than the phone call. I dont need to dial and talk to you to tell you where I am at, or where we are meeting, or get a quick answer. Most people feel the need to talk...How are you? What you doing?...blah blah blah..just get to the point already. Texting solves that :p

Plus if I can't say it in less that 160 characters its probably not worth saying it anyway.

I'm more of an ass grabber myself. Especially when my wife is wearing a certain pair of jeans that drive me bonkers.

There is a theory of female sexuality (with lots of empirical evidence to back it up) that holds that women are predominantly reactive in their sexual urges. In plain english, that means you can turn a woman on by showing her that she turns you on. In even plainer english, women want to be wanted. So, the ass-grab or titty-grab, when done properly, can signal to your woman that you want her and thus "prime" her for what is coming later :ban:.

Love to, but I have that work thing in the way. I don't even start working for another couple of hours. Can't wait to see what happens then.

Ya, I can read it now, " then Numbnuts went up for yet another lame attempt at a layup and almost took out the mascot, which wouldn't have been a bad thing anyway. During a timeout the opposing schools sluts did their booty shake, but no one was watching except me. In the last minutes of the game, the peg legged hunchback went for a 3 pointer and knocked out a light fixture which then struck some drunk fan who didn't feel a thing but bled all over everyone. Well, that was the crappiest display of basketball ever. Final score 67 - 59 Not sure who won."

I'm more of an ass grabber myself. Especially when my wife is wearing a certain pair of jeans that drive me bonkers.

There is a theory of female sexuality (with lots of empirical evidence to back it up) that holds that women are predominantly reactive in their sexual urges. In plain english, that means you can turn a woman on by showing her that she turns you on. In even plainer english, women want to be wanted. So, the ass-grab or titty-grab, when done properly, can signal to your woman that you want her and thus "prime" her for what is coming later :ban:.

I'll be sure to wear my motorcycle helmet when I test that theory!

I don't text a lot, but I get my email pushed to my Blackjack. It can be good for a quick note, though. My wife tells me stories about her students trying to text like mad during school; she confiscates about 10 phones a day. Some of those kids can text blindly while keep the phone hidden in their sweatshirt sleeve. Nuts!

I send and receive emails on my mobile all the time!

Ya, I can read it now, " then Numbnuts went up for yet another lame attempt at a layup and almost took out the mascot, which wouldn't have been a bad thing anyway. During a timeout the opposing schools sluts did their booty shake, but no one was watching except me. In the last minutes of the game, the peg legged hunchback went for a 3 pointer and knocked out a light fixture which then struck some drunk fan who didn't feel a thing but bled all over everyone. Well, that was the crappiest display of basketball ever. Final score 67 - 59 Not sure who won."
That's pretty good, but the score needs to be higher.:D

I don't text a lot, but I get my email pushed to my Blackjack. It can be good for a quick note, though. My wife tells me stories about her students trying to text like mad during school; she confiscates about 10 phones a day. Some of those kids can text blindly while keep the phone hidden in their sweatshirt sleeve. Nuts!

I send and receive emails on my mobile all the time!
I don't have a problem with sending and receiving emails on a mobile. But this texting thing, don't get it. Maybe that just shows my age.

That's pretty good, but the score needs to be higher.:D

I don't have a problem with sending and receiving emails on a mobile. But this texting thing, don't get it. Maybe that just shows my age.

I think the texting thing is a privacy issue. Something kids can do without anyone overhearing their conversation.

I think the texting thing is a privacy issue. Something kids can do without anyone overhearing their conversation.
All fine and good, but it's become such a socially ignorant habit. Many times, when I'm interviewing players after a game, their heads are down and they're tapping away on their Sidekicks while I'm trying to talk to them.

That kind of crap drives me nuts.

All fine and good, but it's become such a socially ignorant habit. Many times, when I'm interviewing players after a game, their heads are down and they're tapping away on their Sidekicks while I'm trying to talk to them.

That kind of crap drives me nuts.

That's just plain rude and it should be slapped out of their hand and then the player ***** slapped. ;)

Back