Brewer's Best Vienna Lager or Brewer's Best Octoberfest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the ability to control temperature for a lager? You'll need to ferment cooler than any ale and then chill it even more for the lagering phase. If you can do that, then I suspect you'll like either one.

RM-MN said:
Do you have the ability to control temperature for a lager? You'll need to ferment cooler than any ale and then chill it even more for the lagering phase. If you can do that, then I suspect you'll like either one.

What temp should it be fermented at? Can you explain what the lathering stage is? Is it like a secondary? Have never made a lager before

RM-MN said:
Here's a better explanation than I could write.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Lager

If you haven't read it already, "How to Brew" by John Palmer is a great source and he has the first edition online. I feel that the info in there is worth buying the second edition to have at your fingertips when brewing.

www.howtobrew.com

Thanks for the info. I had no idea there was such a difference in making a lager.

Back