looking for some ideas for my second brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave6187

Reaction score
My first batch is fermenting away (been 2 days since pitching) and I'm planning out my next batch. I want it to be an IPA of some sort but can't decided which recipe to go with. the book I have "extreme brewing" has a recipe for DFH 60 in it, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Was also considering this kit from midwest. I haven't had a chance to peruse the recipe database here yet, so any recommendations?

That kit looks good, I love amarillo!!!! Although a DFH 60 minute clone isn't hard, just more ingredients.

There are several recipes on this site and several vendors who support it who have very good offerings (from what I've read) if you want to go with the pre-kitted option. Find one you're comfortable with, ask here for opinions, and pull the trigger.

Ultimately, you are the one brewing and drinking it so you may want to consider any profiles you enjoy (hops, particular malts, etc), previous IPAs and brews you've liked, and anything else that will help you make a decision. If nothing else, a member here can help you build your own, unique recipe.

Back