Hello from New York City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbosh9

Reaction score
It's been over a decade since I last made a batch of homebrew but I was recently hit with the sudden desire to get back into it. I salvaged what I could from my old kit and checked for homebrewing supplies in the NYC area to complete my equipment needs. I'm used to finding just about anything imaginable in Manhattan so I was really surprised that there's not a single such store in the entire city. Not a huge problem though, I found a place on Long Island and will be heading out there this weekend and brewing my first batch (of brown ale) on Sunday. I'm very excited.

In the future, once I have all the equipement I need, I'll probably order my ingredients online. Any recommendations for a good online retailer?

This website seems like a great resource and I look forward to reading and contributing.

Thanks,
Josh

Hey--I'm from Rye, glad to see another New Yorker. I'd check out William's Brewing and Norther Brewer. Both great companies, NB has slightly more stuff and better prices, but WB has really, really awesome support (6 months on any product they sell). Good luck!

Welcome from a former New Yorker. I typically use Austin Homebrew or Northern Brewer. You can get pretty much anything you might need and Austin Homebrew has flat shipping which can really save some $$$.

Welcome!

I love to hear about other NYC homebrewers!!!

I've used Austin Homebrew Supply many times now & have been very happy with them.

Back