Rum Runner Stout is flat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingbee82

Reaction score
I brewed the 1gallon Northern Brewer Rum Runner Stout. I only got 7 bottles because of a crazy over flow. Now after 2 weeks of bottle conditioning it seems to have not carbonated at all. I cracked one open and its as flat as the day it was bottled.

Any suggestions on how to possibly save it? Could I try to un-cap and add some yeast to the bottles? If so, how much?

BTW, I did not add any rum or other spirits.

Give it some time or put it in a warmer spot for at least another week or two. Bigger beers can take longer to ferment. I looked quick and didn't see an estimated ABV for this brew but I'm assuming it should be higher alcohol. I would hold off on opening them. I opened the bottles from a batch of an Amber that I did and all of them had the "wet cardboard" taste to them. I would've rather they been flat than have that taste because of oxidization.

What temp are the bottles at, how much sugar did you prime with, what was you're OG, FG, what yeast did you use, did you add any at bottling?

Its about 60deg where the bottles are at.

I used the fizz drops that came with the kit when bottling. Not sure on the exact type of yeast. It was a dry yeast. I think the OG was in the 70's. I don't have the tool to measure it now.

Ill try moving to a warmer place for a couple weeks and open another bottle.

Back