Weird FG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETCovey

Reaction score
K so I just made my first brew and its fermentation might be all messed up. so I made an amber ale

It was 3 lbs light dried malt extract
8 oz crushed crystal malt
1 oz Northern Brewer pellet hops
1 WLP085

It was a 2.5 galling boil. It had a ton of boil off so I had to ad about a gallon of water to make it 2.5 then I accidentally pitched the whole yeast instead of half and now 8 days later I took a gravity reading and it came out to 1.01 do any of you know if this is alright? It taste not hoppy at all tastes like pabts or something not good. :( will this fix with time?

It was 3 lbs light dried malt extract
8 oz crushed crystal malt
1 oz Northern Brewer pellet hops
1 WLP085

It was a 2.5 galling boil. It had a ton of boil off so I had to ad about a gallon of water to make it 2.5 then I accidentally pitched the whole yeast instead of half and now 8 days later I took a gravity reading and it came out to 1.01 do any of you know if this is alright? It taste not hoppy at all tastes like pabts or something not good. :( will this fix with time?

I would think 1.01 is probably pretty standard for what you brewed. I brew mostly session beers - starting around 1.05 and end up around 1.01, so my guess is you are still good to go.

Don't know what to say about the hops, other than you might not have added enough to suit your style, or you added them all at the beginning, giving you bitter, but very little aroma and hop flavor. You could always go ahead and dry hop the beer. It's not going to add any bitterness, but the aroma from the dry hopping will definitely contribute to more hop flavor.

Latest posts

Back