Whoops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenBrew

Reaction score
I broke one of my hop bines tonight. That one is probably about 8 feet tall right now. Will that one keep growing or is that bine done for?

If it is done for, I think I'll let another one start up and forget about the broken one.

I think it would probably split into 2 bines where it broke off. You could let both grow or cut one off to have a single bine again.

bhuges gets the Gold Star for the day. The tip on this shoot was broken abut a month ago and now that the weather is beginning to warm up it'll take over for the broken one. You can just pinch the opposite one off and leave only one to take over.

Broken tip.jpg

Broken tip 1.jpg

Thanks, I don't know how to use photoshop so I had to go out and find one. They're really taking off now that we're having some warmer temps. Blast Off!

Awesome! Thanks for all the advice. I'll plan on just leaving it alone. :mug:

It will be good. Note how they produce over bines that are left alone.

I had considered topping bines when they got to my roof line to slow upward growth and hopefully promote branch growth.

Back