New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's about a mug of ice cold light lager after mowing the lawn on a miserably hot day? Unbelievable aroma and flavor from that yeast. :mug:
1.036-.005, 4.07% ABV.
Rahr pils
acid malt for pH adjustment
12 IBUs@60
S-189 lager yeast
.5tsp of amylase enzyme primary

CYeF2gc.jpg

Mildly Brown Bitter - bitter mae with mild ale malt and Hales yeast. Not particularly good
nWG2Xdv.jpg

Hoppy "red" ale. Needed more RB/BP to make it red :) Mainly munich1, carared and a touch of roasted for colour. Really strong malty flavours, good bitterness, big mouthfeel
8hTjQr0.jpg

It was a bit redder than that tbf

A hoppy Belgian pale ale

That looks and sounds delicious! I just transferred a Pacific Coast IPA into the secondary this evening. Although this and my first batch which was a Pale Ale both looked on the darker side. I'm VERY new to this, and could have screwed something up though. The pale ale didn't taste bad though.

What kind of barrel?

small oak barrel (2gal) , a gift of a friend, his grandpa use to distill "grappa" and use this barrel to age it!

"grappa" is an Italian spirit made with a part of grapes (google traslate tell me that this part called "marc" in english but i don't know :) )

Rye IPA with an overwhelming amount of Columbus, and a bit of Summit and HBC 438, fermented with Vermont ale. Really peachy nose, tastes dank and tropical.

20160711_160519.jpg

Sessionable version of my Electric Pale Ale (recipe and brewing process here). Citrusy and refreshing and only 4.3% ABV! Ok, so not much beer left, but I really liked the lacing. ;)

13744010_262841640763375_611958473_n.jpg

Kal

Latest posts

Back