I fear.. I may be a monster....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oinyo

Reaction score
ugh has anyone else had the "urge" ?

Every time I finish up and place a batch from the primary into the glass carboy I feel the urge to make another batch.. I mean there is a perfectly good stage 1 bucket there not being used..

Problem is that it may be becomming a addiction lol. I have 3 batches in carboys and it seems every 3 days I am heading over to the store to get more carboys to store these puppies for 30 days..

Either I must be stopped ( Oh god please give me some advice to get rid of the cooking urge 0 or I need to hold the biggest party the world has ever seen to get rid of all the beer I will be making :p lol so far I have 68L of beer brewing.. I think in non metric that is 24 Galons and I am extremely tempted to go get another kit and carboy tonight to start a forth.. argh!!! lol

I like to cycle my regular beers in a way that allows me to bottle and pitch a new batch of the same brew onto the existing yeast. It's pretty gratifying.

Yes, one coping strategy is to leave your beers in the primary fermeters longer. This is a solution... unless you have enough money to buy more fermenters.
<Insert picture of my 5 large glass carboys>

Only been brewing for a little while.

30 gallons of carboys are fermenting in my living room as we speak.

Once you get bit, you'll have to amputate the parts of the body that made the beer, and only then more beer wont be made.

The only problem here is that you aren't my neighbor. :mug:

I am home with the boys and it is -5 out. If it was even a little bit warmer, I would load up the kids and head to the brew store so I could brew today. And I just brewed yesterday!

The house down the block is for sale

Lol I guess its time to pack it up and move over there tunemarshall ;)

No, you are just like many of us here. I too once thought I had a problem because of the rate that I am getting sucked into the hobby.

Now that I am reading more and more people experiencing the same things I am, I dont feel so alone any more, and all of those 'noob' posts are beginning to make sense.
-Me

The worst that can happen is you have a LOT of beer!My wife used to hate the hobby but she likes how i dont spend 1/3 of the money i used to on micro brews.

The worst that can happen is you have a LOT of beer!My wife used to hate the hobby but she likes how i dont spend 1/3 of the money i used to on micro brews.

++

A month ago I was buying 2-3 sixers a week minimum.....and paying close or over 30 bucks for the 3 with tax.

Now that I keg my own, I don't have to wait quite so long for the turn-around. I did my first kegging two weeks ago and haven't bought a micro since. I figure two weeks I've saved 40-60 bucks, and should really get to buying some grains and hops.

I've got a hefe ready to go into the kegerator next week or the week after, and what's left in the first keg should last me that long.

I'm going to brew the Cream of Three Crops for all the non-beer-drinkers in my life, then my Two Hearted clone. If those both turn out well, I don't see a need to buy beer for a long time other than for product development of course! :)

I have ten fermenters. It never ends.

3 ale pails, 3 6 gal Better Bottles, 2 5 gal glass carboys, 1 3 gal glass carboy, 1 8 gallon wine pail.

I need to have more parties. My kegs are nearly full. :D

Back