Jockey Box Question/ My beer guy is the BEST!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
My wife is making me have a graduation party for myself for completing grad school for educational leadership and possibly having a job by the end of next week, but I digress...

I called my beer guy today to get a keg of Miller lite and a micro.
He informs me that the Victory Sunrise Weiss is out and he has a keg waiting for me....SWEEET!!!!:rockin::rockin:

Then I tell him about the party and he offers up a Jockey box...FOC (free of charge):rockin:

I think that its a cold plate rather than a coil.

So I ask, what do i need to do for this? Ice in the jockey box and the keg on ice or just in the jockey box? I could care less about seriving the miller at 32*, but I want to enjoy the Sunrise :drunk:.

Any thoughts suggestions etc?

all you need is ice in the jockey box. the keg can be warm, but you can also chill it if you can - it lets the jockey box do less work.

just make sure all your connections are leak free. I would also recommend pushing water through the lines first, and if any gunk comes out, put some sanitizer through, or beer line cleaner if you have it, then water - it should run clear this time, and then sanitizer. Once you are finished with the jockey box, run water through it, then gas through it to clear out as much of the liquicd as you can.

all you need is ice in the jockey box. the keg can be warm, but you can also chill it if you can - it lets the jockey box do less work.

just make sure all your connections are leak free. I would also recommend pushing water through the lines first, and if any gunk comes out, put some sanitizer through, or beer line cleaner if you have it, then water - it should run clear this time, and then sanitizer. Once you are finished with the jockey box, run water through it, then gas through it to clear out as much of the liquicd as you can.

ok cool. should I use my standard tap/ meister cleaner? I can get the rest of water and crap out via my air compressor.

Most of the ice I will get from work, only problem is I have to get it Friday...heatwave coming in the Northeast this weekend:(

Back