What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3085625946.jpg

Don't know if I should go golfing this weekend (and pass-out from the heat) or brew a beer. Decisions.

mcbaumannerb said:
Crap ... I haven't had any hint of that yet, but I will be careful from here on.

It's okay, had an infected ipa from another friend earlier. It had a weird bubble in the bottle and poured purple-ish.

Said friend stopped by and I opened a Grassroots brother soigné. Seriously, my saisons are at least as good as the hill farmstead stuff I've had and I've had quite a few now...

TedsExcellentAdventure said:
Two roads white ipa at two steps in Danbury, CT. Not a bad beer, not getting much for hops though, not sure if its me or not

Not a lot of hop flavor in that brew. I've had it many times.

TNGabe said:
It's okay, had an infected ipa from another friend earlier. It had a weird bubble in the bottle and poured purple-ish.

Said friend stopped by and I opened a Grassroots brother soigné. Seriously, my saisons are at least as good as the hill farmstead stuff I've had and I've had quite a few now...

Now that I remember, Mark's brew did the same thing when I opened it. I tasted it, wasn't bad. But I couldn't pick up a certain flavor in the brew. I kept asking myself what it could possibly be on every sip. I kept repeating it out loud, ha ha. I simply thought it was bitterness from the coffee.

NIZZLE said:
Guess I never felt the need to carry a fire arm everywhere I go :-D

You should try it. Don't mix guns and beers and you'll be fine! 'Merica!

You should try it. Don't mix guns and beers and you'll be fine! 'Merica!

So your saying stay the f away from guns? Cause I'm always drinking beer :-D

I'm in MT and yeah I shot guns here and there but to carry one around na. I'll just stick to da beers.

Sly fox rare vos. I'm pretty sure it's 3711, but for an ester forward saison it's very dry and quite good. It was also a self opener without gushing, which I always appreciate. Slacking on the pics tonight. Thanks again Mark. Hope to project went live a ok.

Been on vacation the last week so I haven't been keeping up with the forums what with the family keeping me busy. Right now I am spending the night in a North Carolina hotel with a sixer of Lonerider Sweet Josie Brown Ale. It's pretty good, more bitter than I'm used to in a brown, but the bitterness takes a back seat to the maltiness and soft chocolate flavors. Nice brew.

CameraZOOM-20130718222335466.jpg

Sly fox rare vos. I'm pretty sure it's 3711, but for an ester forward saison it's very dry and quite good. It was also a self opener without gushing, which I always appreciate. Slacking on the pics tonight. Thanks again Mark. Hope to project went live a ok.

Glad you like that one - they do a decent job on the saisons and Belgians.

I'm just drinking some water and waiting for the show to get started in a half hour - then I can maybe resume my normal life! :)

rockbasementbeer said:
I fully support this statement :D though damn i hate living in NY, even if its upstate

Upstate you say? You're not one of those NY'ers who thinks upstate is like Albany or something are you? Haha I grew up near the Canadian border across lake Champlain from Burlington Vt. It's easy to get cabin fever up there.

image-540736444.jpg

Pretty Things traditional East India Porter

Back