Could someone help me with malted cider instructions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAHokie

Reaction score
Dear Cider gurus,

I have used this forum several times in the past to brew some pretty simple ciders, the most complicated being a pumpkin apple cider using champagne yeast.

However, I decided to undertake a challenge using a friend's "Pumpkin Pie Cider" recipe, except he can't find the instructions. I have the recipe and ordered the ingredients, so I was hoping some kind soul could tell me the best way to make this would be. I was thinking of boiling the ingredients (including dry malt extract) in water as the the wart and adding it to the cider. When do I add pectin? Do I need any yeast enzyme? Thank you.

Here is the recipe:

7-007

4.5 gal Mott's Apple Juice
64 oz water
3 lbs Golden Light DME
1 can (30 oz) Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
2 lbs C&H Dark Brown Sugar
2 tbs pectin enzyme
1 pkt Lavlin K1V-1116
OG: 1.082
Should make 5 gal in secondary

Boil the water and DME together and then add the sugar, and then cool. Add everything else, except for yeast. 12 hours later add the yeast.

You can add pectin enzyme and the yeast at the same time, but the yeast can make the pectin enzyme less effective.

Back