Austin Homebrew flat tire clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filter

Reaction score
i just got mine in the 6.5 carboy tonight was wanting to know has any one done this clone before, i did the Mosse Drool clone and mmmmmmmmm
it looks real good and smells great cant wait
Lenny

I have. It was no Fat Tire, but it was a good beer none the less. I think their recipe needs a little more biscuit malt.

But still a good brew.

I love moose drool. I talked to their brewer when I did my brown ale. I should order the AG kit from Austin unless I find a recipe online. I love fat tire also. I have one bottle in my fridge from a trip to St Louis. yummy. Let us know how it turns out.

I have. It was no Fat Tire, but it was a good beer none the less. I think their recipe needs a little more biscuit malt.

But still a good brew.

I agree with you. It turned out ok, but it was still lacking that biscuity taste.

actually, correction on this I purchased the fat tire clone from northernbrewer.

68... i actually used the strain from FT (the VSS) but when i did the recipe.. NB said to use that instead..

Has anyone tried BYO's Fat Tire Clone? http://byo.com/recipe/685.html

I tried it, but I couldn't get Fuggle at my LHBS, so I went all Willamette. I also used LME instead of DME. I was good beer, but not FT. Like others have said, it also lacked some Biscuit malt, or something.

I'd be interested in seeing a good PM Fire Tire recipe.

Back