Holiday Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedragoon85

Reaction score
Hi, This weekend me and some friends got our hands on some "noche buena" beer. This beer is a bock style beer brewed in Mexico during the winter time... I really haven't tasted any other bock style Lagers so I can't vouch for the quality... Anyhow, it is 5.9% ABV, so it seems to be a lighter version of bock beer... Regardles, I liked it! sure better then the beers that are brewed year round around where I lived... I was wondering what other Holiday beers their are atm and what you all think about them? Also, if anyone has ever had a drink, or two............ . . . of "noche buena" I would like to see what you think about it and if it is or is not a good example of Bock Lager... Thanks and enjoy the holiday goodies :mug:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/228.jpg

In this day of doubles, triples and Imperial everything, it should be noted that 5.9% is on the high end of a traditional Bock. Geistbocks can be as low as 4%.

ok, I see... I thought Bocks were usually higher than 6% ABV (according to what I have read)... I am interested in doing a Bavarian Bock so I can make my own conclusions... I'm actually interested in brewing a lot of different styles, but this might be one of my upcoming ones to hit the primary... thanks for feedback ^^

Latest posts

Back