Northern Brewer St. Paul Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
I made the Northern Brewer St. Paul Porter on April 13th. Its carbonated up now and its quite good. If anyone is looking for a good porter kit, i would recommend this one!

porter_resized.jpg

I 2nd this post. I brewed this one a few months back and I was also pleasantly surprised. I am definitely going to be a making this one extract again. Probably one of my favorites actually!

Nice pour, btw. :mug:

How does it compare to Fullers London Porter? Fullers is so far and away my favorite porter that I'm having a bit of trouble enjoying other brands.

Yeah, I know, tough problem to have isn't it? Pez

How does it compare to Fullers London Porter? Fullers is so far and away my favorite porter that I'm having a bit of trouble enjoying other brands.

Yeah, I know, tough problem to have isn't it? Pez

It is a robust porter, whereas Fuller's is a brown porter. Based on the recipe it is bigger, roastier, hoppier and has american hop character.

It is a robust porter, whereas Fuller's is a brown porter. Based on the recipe it is bigger, roastier, hoppier and has american hop character.

Thank you for your concise analysis. It was as I had feared, but I hoped for something milder. I suspect I can successfully do a search for a clone recipe.
Pez.

Latest posts

Back