Weldless Spigot Connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is for anyone who knows Lowe's or HD like the back of their hand.

I have everything I need for a weldless spigot connection except one thing.

I need washers with a hole big enough for the threaded connector, but thin enough that they can bend slightly to fit the curve of the brew pot.

The only washers I can find with a hole large enough are incredibly thick and easily 2 inches in diameter.:mad:

Am I looking in the wrong place ("Hardware") at Lowes? I need some sort of rigid washer to lock the O-Ring tight against the seal.

Thanks for any insight.

I don't think you will find a stock washer in the configuration you want. You will have to make one yourself. Find a stainless steel washer with the OD that you want. It is important that you use stainless steel. Use a dremmel or a die grinder to enlarge the ID until it fits around your fitting.

Prosit!

I ended up using washers similar to the ones you are finding at Lowe's. They don't conform to the pot but ended up working for me. If you can find a nut that threads onto the nipple to compress the o-ring/silicone that would be best and might be found as a lock-nut in electrical or from Mcmaster-Carr. I put together fittings for my mashtun and HLT and used a Zymico for my boil-pot. While it was fun to put together my own weldless stuff, if I were to do it again I'd just buy the Zymie bulkhead fitting and add my own ball valve.

Back