Looking for HB club: Columbus, Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMoreBeers

Reaction score
Anyone know a welcoming brew club near Columbus Ohio? I have been thru several brews, am thinking about jumping to AG and am interested in finding a local club.

I am in Marysville for those who know the local geography.
Thanks

Hello, welcome to the forum! We have a great homebrew club in C-bus, SODZ (Scioto, Olentangy and Darby Zymurgists). We meet on the third Monday of each month at a different location in the greater Cols area.

Cheers...

Mick

I am not a member, though I have met a few and they are great guys, but SODZ would be a great one to check out. I am just too busy to commit myself to making it to meetings right now

I too was coming in to mention SODZ. That's the only one I've heard of. I'm about 40 minutes south of cbus but get together to brew with another member a couple a couple times a year who lives up there.

Yep, Mirilis is a good guy. He just had a baby a few weeks ago so he may be pretty busy, but I'm sure he'll be back to brewing before too long.

Since we're in the OH thread, any recommendations on one in or around Dayton? I am moving there next year and hoping to find one similar to my current club.

I, too, live in "The Ville." I'm not normally much of a joiner, but if you find something that seems like it might be with your time let me know. My time is stretched pet thin, but I'm always on the lookout for ways to make my hobby more fun and tasty.

Cheers!:mug:

I am not a member (but I wish I was!) of SODZ. I've been to their xmas meeting of 2009 when it was at Weasel Boy Brewery in Zanesville, Ohio. I live just a little too far to drive (40mins or so) in Newark, Ohio.

I am looking for some locals here in Newark (IF any exist)!

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips... Looks like SODZ is the group to check out. I will shoot them an email. Thanks.

I know some of the SODZ guys, and they're all good guys, but I'm not a member. I hang out with another group that's mostly centered on the east side of Columbus. We don't really have a name, but we meet up every other month at someone's house and brew/talk/drink beer. Our next meeting is in Westerville on Dec. 5th. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in coming.

Back