Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who pays tomorrow, I won't be updating any payments until tomorrow evening. Going down to the Phillies game so I won't be near a computer.
tom

only 8 more people to pay as of last update by Tom...

I can almost taste the grain already. I have a lot of beer to make... IPAs, stouts, ales, lights...good times are on their way!

If we can get all the payments taken care of by this weekend, we could probably have the grain by next Thursday or Friday. I'm going to need 2-3 days for the money to go into my account from PayPal, so anyone paying with PayPal, please get your payments to me asap. thanks!
Tom

Tom,

How are you going to do the pick-up at your place? I understand that holding onto over 2 tons of grains will get you in some hot water, but what if the pick-up date is no good for some of us?

Personally next Friday would work for me, if not then, I wouldn't be able to pick up until Sunday.

I'm sure most others will be in the same boat with a 5 or 6 day work week.

Smarek- depending on how much hot water i get into, I'll just make a big batch of beer! No really, my wife is pretty understanding. Once the grain is sorted, it should all fit on my side of the garage. Some may have to go on her side, but she'll live. If i can get the majority of it picked up between Thursday and Sunday, that would be great. If there is a couple stragglers, I'll move it into the brewery in the basement. Wade, i got your payment but can't update until later (on my phone).
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

Paid, sorry for the delay...had to jump through hoops to get my Paypal all set up right.

wow, nearly everyone has paid already. Great job Tom. I would love to get the grain late next week as I am not travelling for work.

Still haven't heard from Mcgeary but the PayPal transfer still isn't in my account either. I'm expecting the money to be deposited tomorrow so I will decide what to do then.
tom

The money was deposited today and still no responce from mcgeary. I'm going to try to place the order tomorrow and hope Mcgeary responds by the time the grains get here. If he doesn't, would anyone be interested in any or all of his grain? I'm hoping if the order is placed tomorrow that it can still be delivered for this Friday. I will keep everyone up to date.
tom

Yea worst come to worst I would be more than happy to buy some of his grain. Can never have too much, right?

TomRep said:
Still haven't heard from Mcgeary but the PayPal transfer still isn't in my account either. I'm expecting the money to be deposited tomorrow so I will decide what to do then.
tom

I'd take 1 of his 2-row sacks if it is available.

I would throw myself on at least 1/2 bag of that grenade if need be. Looks like lots of good guys have him covered Tom.

I feel like I might have the grain flu on friday :)

Tom, I am off all thursday if you need any help getting things ready.

jtkratzer- I'll add you to the list. you interested in hop buys as well? Okay, I will try and get the order placed tomorrow then. I'm a couple bucks short to cover his share, but I should be able to work it out. i will update the thread with my progress. thanks for stepping up guys, really helps out! Hopefully Mcgeary will chime in one of these days before the grains show up.
tom

jtkratzer- I'll add you to the list. you interested in hop buys as well? Okay, I will try and get the order placed tomorrow then. I'm a couple bucks short to cover his share, but I should be able to work it out. i will update the thread with my progress. thanks for stepping up guys, really helps out! Hopefully Mcgeary will chime in one of these days before the grains show up.
tom

Tom, I'm in for grain and hops. Never participated in a group buy before, but with the newly acquired Brew Magic that's going electric and potentially HERMS, I'm going to need to feed it something.

All, just wanted to propose an idea that we all bring Tom a present or contribute something for his effort, especially since he is not even ordering grains.
Options
Contribute a few dollars towards Tom's Lifetime Membership on HBT
Contribute a few dollars towards Tom's yearly Membership on HBT
Bring Tom a sampler of your homemade beverages
Throw him a few extra at pick up.

I vote for lifetime membership on HBT

I second the lifetime membership.

With 31 people in the buy, everyone throw in a few bucks in support of all the work Tom put in.

I appreciate that very much guys, but it's not neccessary. however, I won't deny any of you from it! Grains are officially ordered. They should be arriving at my place Friday sometime. they socked me for an addition $15 fee just to have the freaking driver give me a call before he gets to my house. If everything goes well and they do show up Friday, I'm thinking anytime after 7 would work for picking them up. that will give me time to sort through everything. please make sure you bring buckets and/or heavy duty bags to get any partial sacks!
tom

Wow, talk about nickle-and-diming you.

I work in Trexlertown not to far away if you need any help sorting on Friday. I could be there around 5:30 or so if you wanted help.

Tom I apologize but I can't make it Friday. Will it be ok to come over the weekend or at your earliest convenience?

Back