Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chillrend is an awesome sword. It's owned by Mercer - I believe you get it in Riften.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure I sold my Chillrend, I like daggers.

BTW Gila, I tried playing with the PS3 video settings as much as I could and it didn't have too much of an effect. My TV is a Mitsubishi Millennium from sometime in the '90s, I believe it is a rear projection TV and from some reading I found that some older rear projection TV's don't like the PS3.

BTW Gila, I tried playing with the PS3 video settings as much as I could and it didn't have too much of an effect. My TV is a Mitsubishi Millennium from sometime in the '90s, I believe it is a rear projection TV and from some reading I found that some older rear projection TV's don't like the PS3.

I think it's just Mitsubishi that doesn't like PS.

I had the 47" Diamond series "tabletop" set. Was soooooooo glad when the day came that I could pitch that fecking thing.

First, I suggest you converge the CRT's if you've never done that.

Second, there should be some options in/around the convergence menu to adjust the vertical and horizontal centering of the screen.

Finally, it should still have some options to change the overscan of the set. However, sometimes these are defeated depending on teh inputs used for video signal.

I can help guide you if you can locate a model number from the back of the TV set.

Worst case, you could go back into the PS3 menu options and force output as 4:3 Standard (square type) tv. That "should", at least, get everything onto the screen area.

I like daggers and bows but I keep the named weapons like that just for the fun of it. It seems that all of my characters (except my 2h tank) end up with sneak + bow and arrow. Sneak+daggers to get the 15x damage.

I think it's just Mitsubishi that doesn't like PS.

I had the 47" Diamond series "tabletop" set. Was soooooooo glad when the day came that I could pitch that fecking thing.

First, I suggest you converge the CRT's if you've never done that.

Second, there should be some options in/around the convergence menu to adjust the vertical and horizontal centering of the screen.

Finally, it should still have some options to change the overscan of the set. However, sometimes these are defeated depending on teh inputs used for video signal.

I can help guide you if you can locate a model number from the back of the TV set.

Worst case, you could go back into the PS3 menu options and force output as 4:3 Standard (square type) tv. That "should", at least, get everything onto the screen area.

That is a very kind offer Gila, I may take you up on that at a later date. What timezone is oblivion?

I like daggers and bows but I keep the named weapons like that just for the fun of it. It seems that all of my characters (except my 2h tank) end up with sneak + bow and arrow. Sneak+daggers to get the 15x damage.

I scrapped the last guy I made and went for a 2h, heavy armor, no magic or range class. I wanted light armor to make a barbarian of sorts but I figured if I didn't have any range to thin large groups then I would be taking a ton of damage with my slow swinging warhammers.

I scrapped the last guy I made and went for a 2h, heavy armor, no magic or range class. I wanted light armor to make a barbarian of sorts but I figured if I didn't have any range to thin large groups then I would be taking a ton of damage with my slow swinging warhammers.

So far I have:
Lvl 45 - Sneak 100, Archery 90+. I can stand right next to enemies with the eye slightly open and they have no chance of finding me.

Lvl 30-35 (Don't remember) 2h with 100 smithing. I think enchanting was around 80 or so. Have all daedric armor and just beat the living piss out of everything.

Lvl 30-35 Destruction Mage - Really just a glass cannon. If I can't kill things before they get to me, I die.

My current character is lvl 22 and is a thief with conjuration. I just spawn a frost atronarch and shoot with my conjured bow and steal everything; especially in Riften where I can bribe the guards for 12 gold. Bribing guards is a good way to level speech. :drunk:

It was good fun, and still is worth a play. I just hated the oblivion gates and never finished the main quest. Maybe I oughta.

It was fun but yeah I never got too far with the main quest. Those oblvivion gates were just not my cup of tea.

same, i could never spend much time with oblivion. I tried on a few different occasions, but just couldn't get into it. Which is what originally had me writing skyrim off. Glad i didn't do that!

We drink to our youths for the day's come and gone
For the Age of Aggression is just about done...

Cheers Skyrim players :mug:

"I've never understood thieves. To take something from someone before killing them?"

"I'm not getting a good feeling about this!" Yeah, Lydia, if I wanted to know how you feel I'd tell you to get nekkid!

must have this shirt

fig,brown,mens,ffffff.jpg
[/URL]

"You see those warriors in Hammerfall? They've got curved swords. CURVED. SWORDS."

Damn you Skyrim with your nubile whenches.

I have no less than 9 other games in my collection that I have NEVER played because your allure is overpowering and you quests never end!

Damn you, Damn you, Damn you!

Okay, just ONE MORE quest and I am DONE WITH YOU!

I restarted Oblivion last night. HA!

Call of Duty MW3, PacMan DX, The Force Unleashed, Peggle, Transformers, Pure, HydroThunder, Gunslinger, Adventures, Lego Pirates, Lego Indiana, Bee Movie, .....

All games I have yet to play (and yes, I DO enjoy playing the kids games too) because I cannpt seem to turn away from Skyrim.

Just finished Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Need to go get Revelations, before 3 comes out. Looks ridiculous.

I just play the crap out of the games I play so MW3 and Skyrim will be it for awhile still. I have to get a nursery ready and redo my brew pot so more games aren't needed. I may break down and buy AC3 though.

I just play the crap out of the games I play so MW3 and Skyrim will be it for awhile still. I have to get a nursery ready and redo my brew pot so more games aren't needed. I may break down and buy AC3 though.

AC3 looks nice. Damn Xbox Live and the temptation that is downloadable games.

I thought I was going to have a nice, long weekend to sit on my ass and play through Skyrim.

Even thought I'd start in on MW3.

It was a nice thought. Unless the TV in hotel in Texas my wife has booked has HDMI and free internet. Not sure where I put the standard connector.

GilaMinumBeer said:
I thought I was going to have a nice, long weekend to sit on my ass and play through Skyrim.

How would that be different from the other weekends?

I have two current characters:

Both are quite universal/all-around in skillset...

Male Level 88 Wood Elf...molded him more into a Mage
Female Level 56 Dark Elf... molded her more into a Warrior

I like the chick better.

Latest posts

Back