Blichmann Heat Shield

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcLight

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture that shows the correct way to place the heat shield that comes with the Blichmann burner (10x6 I think)?

The Blichmann burner comes with a 10"x6" (apx.) stainless steel sheet heat shield. The shield has a notch/slot around 1.5" x 1/8" and fits over one of the prongs on the burner. This slot is not centered, rather it's closer to one of the 10" sides, call it centered around the 60% (or 40% mark).
Which way does it go? Does the short side face towards the burner, or away from it?

I had it positioned so that the long side was towards the burner, so that the heat shield prevented heat from getting to the BrewMometer and sight glass.
But this means that the nipple slightly extends past the heat shield, as does the Brewmometer. I could keep my hand where the brewmometer was , so I assume I did this correctly. But I'd still like to know the correct answer.

Latest posts

Back