exploding beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boysbrew2012 said:
Te best method to use is watch your fermentation once there are no bubbles coming up your good to go for bottling!!!

This is not very sound advice.
Check your specific gravity for at least 3 consistent days. Then, when it has stayed put for three days, you're good to bottle. Airlocks are really just an immediately tangible device for home brewers, not so much a great sign of this or that. I literally only rely on mine to show that fermentation has STARTED.

This is not very sound advice.
Check your specific gravity for at least 3 consistent days. Then, when it has stayed put for three days, you're good to bottle. Airlocks are really just an immediately tangible device for home brewers, not so much a great sign of this or that. I literally only rely on mine to show that fermentation has STARTED.

Agreed, horrible advice. In fact, if you read the OPs post, doing just that was the cause of his bombs.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Agreed, horrible advice. In fact, if you read the OPs post, doing just that was the cause of his bombs.

Honestly I hadn't even read the OP. I was scrolling up from the bottom, saw that, and was like "woah! Woah! Woah! Baaaaaad."

Latest posts

Back