Maris Otter All Grain BREAD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this is a great thread...although it is rapidly degrading.

I read through the entire thread. I didn't see this brought up (at least I dont think). Since this method seems to work, what about pulling a cup or two off of every beer you brew. Scottish ale bread, Saison bread, stout bread, hefeweizen bread. The list goes on.

hell, if you make a starter, you could use a tablespoon for the bread yeast.

So I did this today. Tastes pretty good. Mine ended up a little dough-y in the center though I couldn't have cooked it any longer as I didn't want to throw off my bittering addition. I also added a half cup of Vienna. Maybe next time I'll fly sparge and only use a half of the grains. They hold a lot of water and I had to use a lot flour. Maybe make a starter a couple days a head of time.

3235239515_36a078a298.jpg

3235240143_a4034592cb.jpg

3236086992_9a741141c4.jpg

Thanks for the tutorial! I got 76% efficiency on my first go!

I could go all night. :ban:

I have never heard of making bread from malted grains... and definately NEVER head of mashing it and including the "wort" from said grains in the bread. I think the yeasties are going to LOVE the converted sugars :)

I am bored... it is snowing like mad... my IMPERIAL APA is chugging along. Thought it was time for an experiment.

check what some of us have done with the no knead bread thread ;-)

BTW this does sound great and baking a loaf and brewing a beer would be awesome. ill have to try it this sat

Back