Wanted: Imperial Coffee Porter All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not patient enough to learn all grain or probably knowledgeable enough either but I will at least share my coffee extract. Just bought a robust porter extract kit and set in the primary for a week and before I transferred to secondary. I added coffee and coco powder to bottom of secondary. I bought a bag Of whole bean Starbucks darker roast coffee and ground up about 8 oz of beans and placed in a sanitized bowl w. about 30 oz of water. I let it sit in the bowl for 24 hours and then strained the water into the secondary. Then I boiled about 6 oz of double chocolate coco powder w. a little water until it turned into a paste. I mixed that in the bottom on the secondary w. the coffee extract and mixed it together. My porter came out great. Very smooth and distinct coffee flavor w. a hint of sweetness from the coco. When I do it again I will probably grind up just a little more coffee for flavor and possibly find another way to do the chocolate, it seems to settle in the bottle but I twist it around a few times before I pour into a glass.

Back