Control panel component wiring order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I've been putting together a wiring diagram and have a few questions on the ordering of some of the components. Here's my plan:

I'll have 50 amps coming in from a 50A spa panel with GFCI. I'm incorporating Kal's safe start interlock to prevent the panel from powering up if either element or either pump is switched on. Also putting amp and volt meters in like burglar (link). Finally, I'll have 2 25A DIN breakers for the elements and 2 15A breakers for everything else.

I took a shot at a diagram (a little blurry and not nearly as pretty as PJ's and others). I just want to make sure that I have the order of things correct for the meters, breakers, and power indicator light. Also, is there a limit to how many components you can daisy chain together? Can I just wire all of the lights/switches on the panel door together and then only run one wire back to each bus? Note - the wires aren't supposed to represent certain gauges (haven't gotten there yet).

mainpowerwiring.jpg

Back