acidity help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
just finally getting feedback from people on my 1st batch of wine(red currant wine) some are saying it was to acidic and gave them heartburn instantly.

At the time i had no recipe for red currant wine, and used the black currant wine recipe listed here in the recipe section and just substituted the black for my red............all that said the search button is not my freind. what do i need to get to check acid content and how do i adjust?

Added ? All I have found for testing acidity are test strips is there anything else out there? I am pretty color blind and have a difficult time reading those things.

Added ? All I have found for testing acidity are test strips is there anything else out there? I am pretty color blind and have a difficult time reading those things.

I have an acid titration kit, but it would be almost impossible to do if you're color blind as you have to watch for a pink/red color change from gray.

pink/red to grey i can do. shades of color get me. Most lhbs's should have em? Its a long drive and the owner is the only one i truly like dealing with, and he is not always there, so i like to know what im after before i got there.

pink/red to grey i can do. shades of color get me. Most lhbs's should have em? Its a long drive and the owner is the only one i truly like dealing with, and he is not always there, so i like to know what im after before i got there.

Mine goes from grey to pink to red. I ordered it online, it's just a simple "acid titration kit". You could probably find a description of it online and see if that's something that you may be interested in, before purchasing one. It has limited usefulness but it might also help you in a situation like this.

Back