Hola mis amigos!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnodon

Reaction score
No...I'm not Spanish. :)

Just wanted to formally introduce myself since I have been trolling the forum for a few weeks now and finally created an account.

My name is John. Originally from Philadelphia and now in Douglassville PA (just west of Pottstown). 42 years old. Married 3 years as of today and have a 6 month old son named Emeric. He is just friggin awesome and I'll leave it at that.

I have had the bug to homebrew for years but always thought it would be way too complicated or time consuming. Well, I somehow convinced my wife to let me buy the basics for homebrewing as an anniversary gift from her to me. Yeah...she hasn't realized yet that she is contributing to my "problem". ;)

So, I ran out and got the essentails from AHS (order being processed) and plan on starting out simple: Extracts. I know a lot of you are not fans but I just want to get my feet wet first and see where it goes. Hell, I am already watching youtube videos on BIAB and they have me going "hmmmm".

I have been sucking down bottles of Bass like it is going out of style so I can build my bottle collection. Eventually, if all goes well, I want to move to kegging.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and to let everyone know I will be picking brains very shortly.

John

Nothing wrong with extract beers! You can make EXCELLENT beers with extract that can meet and even exceed the quality of an all-grain brew, no doubt.

Welcome to the hobby! I would suggest opening up an offshore bank account to hide some cash from the missus...you'll need it :)

Greetings and welcome to the obsession. You can spend a little or a lot. Just depends just on how deep you want to go in to this passion. And as Boogie said, nothing wrong with extract brews.

Welcome and good luck! Take your time with the extracts and partial mashes. Once you have those processes down, you will know when you want to move to the next step!

Back