cranberry Graff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked at brandons brain a bit about flavored graffs... he seems to want to keep it true to the original, but he has exparimented... said he prefers the straight apple much more..

onto the cranberry.. I dont know if id go full tilt cranberry substitution.. something tells me it might be tooooo tart.. and the malt may not mesh well with the cranberry..

but you might want to try a apple cran mix... maybe do a 4/1 or 3/2 apple over cranberry mix... and you might not want to start with a full 5gallon batch.. if you can, id say try 1 gallon first.. if it turns out well you can always amp up the recipe!

I have messed around with some different flavors, blueberry, cherry, and pomegranite. They all turn out way too tart. Lots of aging helps it die down a bit but all in all, I haven't found a fruit that doesn't hurt the drinkability.

Cranberries come out really really tart. I did a cranberry cider and while tasty, it is very tart, needs some sugar stirred in to drink it. I've been thinking of blending it with the Graff in a glass. I'll let you know how that tastes.

Hmm, everyone talks about them being super tart but i have made a 10 gallons of cranberry cider and have a 6 gal that is almost finished up that is cranberry juice plus 7 cans of cranberry concentrate.

My cranberry cider used cranberry juice, cranberry apple juice and concentrate. It was still so I found if I put some sugar in my glass and pour on top of that, it tastes great!

Back