Hello from the San Fran East Bay!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicplumber

Reaction score
I just started brewing because beer is freakin' delicious. I like wine and cocktails too. My next tool that I will acquire to enhance my cocktailing is a manual ice crusher. The reason that I mention cocktails so much on a welcome me beer forum is that beer is a great mixer in cocktails.

Skip and Go Naked!

Beer, Lemonade, ice, vodka, splash of ice tea

Basically beer is an excellent chaser for spirits or the other way around. Beer can be enjoyed at room temp or on the rocks. Beer just plain ROCKS!
My next brew is going to be all grain, BIAB. I just don't have my recipe down yet. I want to use 10# of 2 row and a single hop in a 5 gallon batch so that I can learn what that kind of grain tastes like by itself. Maybe I will use Fuggles because I like the way the name sounds. Simcoe has a nice ring to it too. I know nothing about hops, bittering, aroma, etc. I want to learn!

I have no brewing mentor. I just read and go the home brew shop. I don't think that the guys in there like me very much. I promise that I am not annoying. I don't ask them very many questions or talk too much, but they just kinda seem irritated. Hopefully its not me! They do give me good advice though and I respect the hell out of that.

I love this forum. It has helped me immensely. Sorry about my rambling nature, and sorry, but I like whiskey and beer.

Use a lower AA hop for the bitter (60+ min) and nothing else to brew a very light very mild very thin ale. Next time add some 40c and 60c to make a light pale ale and see how the grain profile changes. Playing with recipes is why we brew!

Welcome fellow East Bayer! I'm all for brewing experiments but have you considered just chewing on various grains to see what the difference is? Might Save some time and money.

I for one taste every grain i brew with but it never shows me the final product. brewing these plane test batches can teach you SO much about a grain and how it works for you. Not saying you have to do it but if you want to experiment and have some good light beer to drink along the way. GO FOR IT!

Back