What is the "worst" beer you like? Your guilty pleasure, if you will...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool months: Molson Canadian
Hot Months: High Life

I seem to be running a "homebrew for other brew" exchange lately. Had a birthday BBQ where my keg of Chinook IPA got drained (parting is such sweet sorrow) and came out with almost two cases, mostly High Life and Otter Creek Copper Ale the next morning.

Yuengling is local to me, but I don't really consider it "crap" beer. I actually enjoy it and it's quite cheap. For the price range, it's definitely the best, like others have said, IMHO. I'll take that over anything else.

I used to be a big fan of Coors Light, Corona and Blue Moon in college.

Oh yeah, let's not forget Genessee Cream Ale. Local to me, their Screamers, as we call them, are pretty tasty. Massive headache if you drink too many of them, but hey, sometimes you gotta pay the price.

Modelo Especial (especially in michelada form) and coors banquet (yellow belly)

I'm a PBR guy on a hot summer day. So cheap and goes down easy.
Miller Light is somewhere back there in second, but that's only because I'm in Wisconsin and it's so prevelant.

Chalk up another Yuengling - at $9 a 12'er it's a staple like bread and milk.

I cut my teeth on old milwaukee..."old mud"...we called it in high school. If I'm low on home brew I usually will pick up a 30 of it. It does say "Americas Best Tasting Beer" right on the can afterall:drunk:

Had some Miller Genuine Draft for the first time recently. I can see myself getting more of this for a summer session lawnmower beer. Otherwise, I do like Genesse Cream ale and the Honey Brown Lager.

The lovely pabst blue ribbon and schlitz. love me some schlitz when im broke lol Thank god its been a while since I have been broke.

Had some Miller Genuine Draft for the first time recently. I can see myself getting more of this for a summer session lawnmower beer. Otherwise, I do like Genesse Cream ale and the Honey Brown Lager.

ugh i never cared for the honey brown

I'm not sure why Yuengling keeps on popping up on here. I don't necessarily consider it a cheap BMC type beer. It's really tasty and sells at a reasonable price. It's definitely the best in the price range.

As for my guilty pleasure, Genesse. It's cheap and it's old school. Reminds me of working in the local beverage center and drinking it with buddies after work!

lucky_lager.jpg

Rolling Rock & Yuengling.

I grew up around Latrobe, Pa. Drank RR in high school and college but refused to drink it once Anheuser bought it and moved the brewery out of town.

Yuengling, I had a 6 of Rolling Rock in hand the other night, put it back when I remembered they left PA. Haven't had it in YEARS!
Got the Yuengling Chesterfield instead which is being released as a "seasonal" down here... Bock, was first (didn't care for the bock), Lord Chet now, Porter coming next according to guys at beer shop, just hope they have some chesterfield & porter at same time... Homemade Yuengling Black & Tans!... the good ones not the premium / porter blend they bottle!

Miller Lite, cause it's TRIPLE HOPPED and it comes in a VORTEX bottle! :D

I'm a Bud Light guy when it comes to cheap, lawnmower beer. Goes down easy and I can drink a case easily without getting all f**ked up. Great for fishin, boatin, golfin, grillin....

I think Michelob is one of the best Lagers from BMC...I have always been a fan. Ill drink that if I have a BMC choice.

PBR, its actually pretty decent until it hits 50 degrees. I used to drink high life, but taking a 30 pack into a summer music festival in a backpack made me swear to never drink it again. Of course, like many other oaths I've taken, I've gone back on it a few times. Still though, the thought of 85 degree high life gives me a shiver.

It's really tasty and sells at a reasonable price. It's definitely the best in the price range.

And that's the exact same way I feel about Coors and Coors Light. To each their own. I don't drink bad beer and I don't feel guilty to be drinking any beer I drink. You might not like the beer I like and that's ok. High school was a long time ago. I'm done pretending to like or dislike things so I feel cool. Forget Nirvana. I'll crank up the Bay City Rollers and enjoy doing it :)

Once I was down to 1 decent IPA and 3 miller lites.

I knew I would have to drink at LEAST 4 beers.......what to do.

I added 1/3 of the IPA to each of the millers (as I cracked them) and they weren't half bad.

Labatt Blue has a special place in my heart, its cheap and tastes good to me. Others that I enjoy that are cheap are Moosehead, High Life, PBR, and Blue Moon or American Ale if I feel like throwing out a few extra cents...

Miller High Life or Tecate in the can!

These are my summer time tubing, fishing, whatever beers. They are cheap, taste decent with a wedge of lime jammed in them, and if they fall overboard, get forgotten in the hot truck for a couple days, or the dog knocks them over I don't care! :)

Wiedemier Hefeweizen (its a craft beer but gets mediocre reviews), Milleer Lite and Pacifica Negra (Mexican style Vienna Lager after it almost died out in Europe alot of germans moved to mexico starterd brewing it there) Guess the worst out of the group is Miller Lite

Free and Free light are the best beer.

But if I am paying for them it would be Alexander Keiths, Moosehead, or the Silver Bullet.

And up here in Canada, there are no cheap beer. $15.00 or more for a 12 would be on the cheap end.

Back