Handy Brewing Spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzARzz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share a handy tool I made. It originally started as a simple way of converting Brix to SG when I got my refractometer, but I kept adding on to it as the need arose and found myself too lazy (I prefer the term "too eager") to hunt all over the net when I could have it all in one place.

The spreadsheet is in Excel 2007 format and will convert Brix to SG, fluid measurements like gallons, quarts and liters and mass measurements like pounds and kilos into several formats, temperatures and cooking measurements, but probably the most useful is the Top-Off/Boil-Off Calculator for reaching a targeted gravity.

Just enter the number you wanted converted in the white cell, press enter and the blue cells will return all the conversion amounts. I double checked the formulas with other, much prettier, online calculators and they seem correct, but if anyone notices any errors or has any ideas about other additions please let me know.

You can download the spreadsheet here: http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/19/3327886/Brewing-Conversions.zip

Happy Brewing! :mug:

Back