Anyone have a Hoff Stevens Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runhard

Reaction score
I thought that it might be nice to have a Hoff-Stevens keg or any original style keg with a bung on the side. The reason is so that I could keg for friends' parties and then they supply their own tap and drink to their hearts content and just return the keg and I kindly refill it for them with whatever recipe they want.........of course I'd keep some for quality control and assurance purposes of the drinking kind.

Anyone have an older style keg with a bung on the side? What are the pros and cons of such a keg even if I could find one for a reasonable price.

Thank you,
Jeffrey

About the only pro I can think of is nostalgia that is if you are old enough to remember when these kegs were in common use. For the cons, compared to modern kegs, either Cornies or Sankeys, they are a PITA to use and the parts and tap accessories are not easy to find. Get your friends to chip in on a couple of Cornies. ;)

If you are bound and determined to use a H-S keg then you may be able to get parts here:

http://kegman.net/beer_tap.htm

It's been a looooong time. I have three converted corny kegs with HS fittings on the lids. I treasure them. ;) Hell, it's getting harder and harder to find the figure-8 gaskets for them!

Bob

Back