disconnect problem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose1873

Reaction score
I just got a couple cornys and modified my regulator for the smaller hose. I connected it to the gas-in disconnect (new-white) and pressurized a keg. There seems to be a leak from the back of the disconnect? also as soon as i shut oof the pressure it just drains air...i tested the other keg and the same thing happened. I'm assuming that it is a bad disconnect but am new to kegging and figured i'd ask:confused: The kegs came pressurized and are in good condition.

tnks

goose

sounds like you need to tighten the gas hose connection into the QD.

Are these barbed QD's or compression fitted? on the compression fittings, some teflon tape will do wonders for micro leaks.

make sure the keg o-rings aren't leaking and that the QD is fully seated on the post.

it looks like a crack in the back of disconnect. if i put my finger over it i can feel it/stop it. (on the back there is a circle within the circle and air is coming out...)

Try tightening the cap on the back. Even a little keg lube on the gasket that is on the inside may help.

thanks! that was it. again im real new to cornys. i unscrewed the back and the gasket was not on right. it's a little mangled but i straightened it out and lubed it and it works. I'm leaving it on overnight to see if it looses pressure but should be ok. If not, i'm assuming I can just replace the inside gasket.

thanks again

goose

Back