oh sh*t. bob knight is coming back to espn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbrewing

Reaction score
ESPN - Bob Knight will expand ESPN college basketball analyst role

i'm an indiana boy. lived here my whole life, grew up minutes from bloomington. i have a giant painting of "the general" behind my desk in my office. i love everything bob knight did for indiana athletics, his winning record, his devotion to graduating players, his hatred for cheating and continous following of the ncaa rules. but wow, i wonder if vegas is going to be running odds on how long he'll be calling games before he lets out his first expletive? oh god, i can't wait for this. it's going to be so refreshing to have someone calling a game that actually understands the rules, and notices the things the others don't, and hillarious to see knight try to hold his tongue, and not show favorites, or bust out the F word. hahaha.

As long as they still don't have the technology where you can actually throw chairs through the TV screen at me, I love this move.

He knows his stuff more than anybody but I fear he doesn't have the personality to be an analyst. He has a very dry sense of humor that most people don't get. I hope it works out.

The few times I've been able to speak with him were mostly great, though you have to know your stuff for him to tolerate you. He did *****-slap me once in one of those NCAA tournament pressers. That was fairly humiliating, but it was also unwarranted so I felt better about it.

I met him once or twice at Tech...he was nice enough to me, but probably cuz I've only talked to him for a total of about 30 seconds. Wish he was still there though, his son isn't as good.

Back