One Regulator, Multiple Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly

Reaction score
Hi
Yesterday I set up my first keg. Today I transferred another beer to my second keg. Early next week my third goes in and tomorrow I will brew again.

At this time I only have one regulator. I believe I can pressurize a number of kegs and then just let them sit. They do not need to be on the tank all of the time.

Am I correct? Or, did I dream this up?

Hi
Yesterday I set up my first keg. Today I transferred another beer to my second keg. Early next week my third goes in and tomorrow I will brew again.

At this time I only have one regulator. I believe I can pressurize a number of kegs and then just let them sit. They do not need to be on the tank all of the time.

Am I correct? Or, did I dream this up?

Well, you could definitely carb them up and then let them sit and they should stay carbed up. They can take a while to carb up, though. You have to leave them on the gas until they are fully carbed. Of course, if you serve beer out of them, they'll eventually go flat if they're not on the gas.

You could consider getting a distributor, so you could keep them all on the gas at the same time, or a WYE fitting.

Yes, you can put the pressure on and then disconnect. You can either just put on a little pressure to seal, or try and put on a lot of pressure to carb.

However, you can just get some Tee's or Wye's and split your regulator to several kegs that way.

Back