anybody drinking homebrew tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewProject

Reaction score
i am still sipping on my pumpkin ale and cherry wheat, but tonight i am also sampling my double chocolate stout after just a week.

only tried one, alcohol taste very strong as it should be with 6.6 % ABV. chocolate taste a bit more mellow than i expected, after trying other dc stouts...

carbonation coming along nicely. i would hope the dc stout develops more chocolate flavoring over the next couple weeks. i opted for the alcohol boost from AHB, so it's pretty strong.

i did try mixing the remainder of my dc stout with an equal mix of cherry wheat. very nice combo.

in the future i might do the dc stout again (with more unsweetened cocoa powder or without the alcohol boost) and add some cherry puree to the secondary.

a nice Double Chocolate Cherry Stout homebrew :mug:

Just finished some Old Dog & plan on sampling the Holiday Ale & the Hefty Wisen. And probably sleep well.

david_42 said:
And probably sleep well.

of course, it's Friday night :mug:

damn, just can't seem to make enough beer to keep meself stocked.

gonna have to brew almost every weekend. just noticed my pumpkin and cherry stock is down to about 15 16 oz bottles...

of course i have some Hefe in a secondary that could probably be bottled.

i better make plans for bottling tomorrow and brewing next weekend :mug:

I went over to BOSTONBREWIN's house for a short visit tonight and has some excellent New Zealand Pale Ale.

Long story, but BOSTON hooked a guy in New Zealand up with some 1056, and in return the guy sent him some hops grown i New Zealand and a recipe for a pale ale.

This was the beer that BOSTON brewed on the July 4th weekend during the first GRABASS group brew.

Back