time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sam smith winter welcome ale

this beer was purchased dec 2014 im not sure if you can read the year..2007-2008 oh yeah I live in a little town with a lot of yellow beer drinkers, it takes 7 years to go through a case of good beer

IMG_20150109_171940531.jpg

could be a good thing if they cellared it right. I bought bottles of 2011 Sofie and Matilda last month at my local beer store, couldn't believe my eyes!

I'll put one up later tonight.

Cool!

Well I went to a beer bar on Friday but I neglected to take any pictures! So let's try a little something different. NO PICTURE. I'll describe the beer and you guess the breweries and specific beer.

It poured a dark reddish brown, not completely opaque but it takes some light to see the color. Thick, white head. Good head retention.

HUGE banana aroma with spicy notes of pumpernickel bread. Spice and brown sugar in the taste with some fruity esters, maybe a little toasty fig or raisin. Nicely balanced sweetness with some assertive bittnerness.

Latest posts

Back