What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This

1395874675339.jpg

Both are good. The pb porter is much more sessionable. The cinnamon trappist would be a good dessert beer, but too sweet for more than one.

Did you get Rob's email? He made the cinnamon.

I did get his email, thank you very much! I'm gonna try to get in to the brewery the Tuesday I get in and check out his system, but if we don't have time due to wanting to hit up Oskar Blues and New Belgium for tours we will still get a chance to talk shop some day during the conference.

Still on the coffee, but there is beer in my future :tank:

My third water. Trying to get this buzz to go away. Borderline sick after eating.

In other news. My fermentation chamber.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395877422.620202.jpg

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

Bought a 6er of this. Never had it. Has almost a bubble gum smell to it. Tastes sweet, but lighter. Not very hoppy for a "West Coast" IPA. Like a hoppier Anchor Steam.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395878292.383752.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You guys using the method from here on HBT?? I tried it 2 times with questionable results haha. Not sure what I did wrong. Never did drink it. Dumped both batches.

Yup, same as the thread on HBT. A lot depends on the type of yeast balls, type of rice and ratio of rice to water when cooking it. Fermentation temps and length also count. Dang good stuff.

Anyone know if this is worth my time / money?

Yes. If you like an irish foreign extra stout. A little on the sweet side but per style and balanced with good stout characteristics. Im not really shure what makes that one irish though exactly. I know its good,didnt let me down(don't think Schlafly ever has ever disappointed me if much) and I like foreign extra stouts maybe more than imperials and basic stouts I think. Hope you like it. I haven't tried it this year but beer varies every year,not shure if Id pick it up again but I would stick a few in a mixed six pack. Im just not a regular stout drinker though. Id have to be pretty inspired to buy a sixer of something,that one is six pack worthy to me but I would have to try one again to remember. Stouts always seem like dessert beers to me, I kind of treat them that way too.

I'm buzzed as ****. But wtf is this? My buddy was driving home from a bar in Newtown and saw this crap.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395881076.910579.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm a fan of the Fat Tire. When I don't want a hop overload or diabeetus, it is a nice mild flavored alternative to the BMC stuff.

Yeah man, I feel the same way about it. The price isn't bad at all either!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back