Joes ancient orange mead question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thegreatestgray

Reaction score
So I made a gallon batch of JAOM but didn't add the raisins because I don't like raisins. After browsing this form I found that raisins are yeast nutrients is my mead in trouble? It's my first mead ever so I want it to turn out half way decent. Any help is appreciated

You won't really taste them, they add nutrients and I beleive some body.

Alright cool I will do. That's what the thread I found the recipe at said that's one reason I made it. Also I have never had mead and it was cheap and super easy. Thanks for your help

Alright cool I will do. That's what the thread I found the recipe at said that's one reason I made it. Also I have never had mead and it was cheap and super easy. Thanks for your help
You may not like raisins but that doesn't matter as you don't taste them. You'd need considerably more than 25 to even get a hint of grape/raisin taste.....

It's a nice, easy recipe (as we presume is the intention) that is easily repeatable if you follow the instructions to the letter.....

Back