Oregon Canned Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwa-brewing

Reaction score
Some of my local neighborhood markets have started carrying oregon canned fruit (15 oz) which look perfect for wine making!!! Ingredients... fruit, water, cane sugar. What could be a better base?? My question is... about how many cans per gallon? I tried searching for recipes and couldnt find anything other than puree type starters. I was thinking at least 3-4 cans per gallon? Any input or experience greatly appreciated!

I'd like to give this a try, too - it looks like an easy way for a beginner to get some wine going.

What size are the cans we are talking about?

I'd like to give this a try, too - it looks like an easy way for a beginner to get some wine going.

What size are the cans we are talking about?

Tasunka, they are 14.5 to 15oz cans
There is also another company right next to them that is the same setup and has lychee's, figs, baby pears and couple other things

Thanks for the info! I plan to get some chokecherry wine going, and then I will see what I can do with this! :mug:

I have a gallon of both raspberry and BlackBerry waiting to be bottled. Both are very good. I didn't do anything special, 3 cans in a gallon jug, I think two cups of sugar, and 71b wine yeast since I don't like dry fruit wines. Ill definitely be making more.

Back