First batch bottled - question regarding Coopers Drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taypo

Reaction score
Hey folks, thanks again for all the assistance. First batch was bottled yesterday. Based on the taste while it was still warm, flat and green, it should be VERY drinkable. We bottled straight from the primary (no bottling bucket yet) using Coopers Drops, as recommended by the LHBS. Is the carb time still the same as batch priming (3 weeks at 70) or does that time frame need adjustment?

It should be the same as priming, although the 3 weeks isn't a hard/fast rule in and of itself. Give it 3 weeks and see where you are on the carbonation (I know full well you are going to try one at 1 week and 2 week though:)

Broadbill, you are wise in the ways of the noob. I'd love to have the patience not to taste it in a week, but we're also the people who were talking to the fermenter and staring down the airlock hole to catch a glimpse of the action. Gotta get a carboy, entertainment for hours in my house.

When I was still using cooper's carb drops,it took 3 weeks to be good enough to sample. But 4 weeks was def better.

Back