Pony bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punn

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some pony bottles from? we have a brew that might be iffy on drinking, "Jalapeno Ale" and want to bottle it in small amounts. any sites with pony bottles?

if by "pony bottle" you mean something smaller than 12 oz, I have never seen them sold anywhere.

You might try looking for imported soda bottles. You might find some mexican ones in an 8oz size.

-walker

Michelob and Rolling Rock both come in Pony bottles. Depending where you live, I would say just go to your local package store and see if they have any returns.

This is what I would suggest, but that is because my father owns a packie in CT where they have $.05 deposits on bottles, so customers come in to return bottles.

i know rolling rock does (ahh nice living 20miles from the brewery) but i cant seem to find them to buy, and the ponys they use are twist offs..... So no good for me

I know I am bringing back an old thread, but I thought of something yesterday related to this.

I don't know if they still make it anymore, but there used to be a beer that came out of Cincinnati, OH called "Little Kings Cream Ale." It was available in little 8 oz green bottles (and later.. in 40oz bottles).

I can't remember if the 8oz'ers were twist-off or not, but if you can find these, they might be what you are looking for.

edit: apparently, you can still get these. they cost over $1/bottle (and they are 7oz, not 8oz.) But, here's a link to someone who sells them online.

-walker

...and a parenthatical note - I certainly appluad the impulse to brew a Jalapeno Ale. I am not that adventurous but I would really like to know how it came out.

I have several 8 oz bottles received from stewarding Mead competitions. Try your LHBS. They may have some or know where to order them.

Wild

Walker said:
I don't know if they still make it anymore, but there used to be a beer that came out of Cincinnati, OH called "Little Kings Cream Ale." It was available in little 8 oz green bottles (and later.. in 40oz bottles).

Little Kings was one of my preferred 40's in college. My absoulte fave was Colt 45 Triple Malt, but I can't find it anymore. I know...laugh all you want, but I love me some malt liquor.

Cheesefood said:
Little Kings was one of my preferred 40's in college. My absoulte fave was Colt 45 Triple Malt, but I can't find it anymore. I know...laugh all you want, but I love me some malt liquor.

No laughing from me. The two guys I started brewing with back in college loved good beer.. they drank mostly american micros and imported UK stuff.

however, every once in a while, they would come crusing into the apartment with 40's of Schlitz or 8-Ball. These were hippy-type folks, so it was a pretty strange scene.

-walker

Walker-san said:
I know I am bringing back an old thread, but I thought of something yesterday related to this.

I can't remember if the 8oz'ers were twist-off or not, but if you can find these, they might be what you are looking for.

edit: apparently, you can still get these. they cost over $1/bottle (and they are 7oz, not 8oz.) But, here's a link to someone who sells them online.

-walker
If you can get to Cincinatti, you can get Little Kings for about 10.00 a case, they are 7 oz, and they are twist off. My daughter brought me a case last weekend, I love 'em.

Back