What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh just this...

ForumRunner_20130905_170409.jpg

Oh just this...

The girlfriend loves that. That beer--plus my overwhelming love of beer--helped turn here from a "oh, I don't like beer at all," into a "I really like stouts and porters and wit's and I can tell you the difference. "

It's been a labor of love.

The girlfriend loves that. That beer--plus my overwhelming love of beer--helped turn here from a "oh, I don't like beer at all," into a "I really like stouts and porters and wit's and I can tell you the difference. "

It's been a labor of love.

My wife is definitely coming around. I feel the key is to let her try everything I have and make on her terms. She's even showing a slight bit more interest in my hobby as well. We were down in the basement the other day and mentioned how my brewing stuff was kind of all over the place and said that I should clear out a wall and put some shelves up and fix it up so I can be a little more organized. Did I mention I love this woman? :D

That reminds me, have you guys checked out Vivant's FB page? Talk about your $hitstorms.

Double fisting here. Poured a saison and then decided I wanted a clamdigger, too. Mostly for the olives, pickeld okra, pickled pepper, and clamato. I'm trying to cut way back on my snacking, but needed a salt fix.

They are reaping what they sowed.

My wife is definitely coming around. I feel the key is to let her try everything I have and make on her terms. She's even showing a slight bit more interest in my hobby as well. We were down in the basement the other day and mentioned how my brewing stuff was kind of all over the place and said that I should clear out a wall and put some shelves up and fix it up so I can be a little more organized. Did I mention I love this woman? :D

From where I stand, I believe that was permission to build a brew dungeon.

Now that she's given you permission to take the first "step," do it all. Then later you can say "oh honey but I thought you said..."

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

DisturbdChemist said:
Been a rough week and its not over but going to have a nice beer

Also made another bad beer.... I do not know how it went bad. A little frustrated

Which batch and what happened?

DisturbdChemist said:
Its the SMaSH. I think its chlorine but I can put my finger on it. The esb does not have the flavor. Idk if it was fermented too high maybe... that could be a culprit. Im getting really frustrated. Waste of money

Hmm...that sucks, man. You might need to review your process and the brewing notes for all the batches that have come out with that same off flavor and see what the problem might be.

Or just stop dumping chlorine in your brew kettle. :p

From where I stand, I believe that was permission to build a brew dungeon.

Now that she's given you permission to take the first "step," do it all. Then later you can say "oh honey but I thought you said..."

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Haha! That's EXACTLY what I heard!!

They are reaping what they sowed.

Not that I want to further this conversation, but what I don't get is that in Vivant's public statement, they said that as long as Tired Hands keeps the beer as a pub only, they were fine with it. Then they had the "confusion" at the Craft Beer Fest and then they basically reneged on their original communication to Tired Hands and told em to stop using the name. So, when did Farm Hands become a widely distributed beer?:confused:

Hmm...that sucks, man. You might need to review your process and the brewing notes for all the batches that have come out with that same off flavor and see what the problem might be.

Or just stop dumping chlorine in your brew kettle. :p

The thing is I do not do anything different or cant think of anything I have done different to that batch. I'm not brewing for a while until I get another freezer. This sucks. .

I don't like either team but i'm still going to watch the sh*t out of this game!

I don't like them either. So, I'm watching baseball instead.

Being a Steelers fan, I decided that I'm making a new drinking game:

The rules are simple:

1. If the Steelers are on the field, drink.:tank:

While I wait for my first batch of home brew to finish I picked up these guys. Dog fish pumpkin, Weyerbacher blithering Idiot and Damnation.

ForumRunner_20130905_195410.jpg

This. While watch the Sox-Yanks game on one tv, and the Baltimore Ravens NOT have a chance to raise their Super Bowl banner on national TV in the other TV in the basement pub.Life is good!

image-3578732267.jpg

tyzippers said:
I don't like them either. So, I'm watching baseball instead.

Being a Steelers fan, I decided that I'm making a new drinking game:

The rules are simple:

1. If the Steelers are on the field, drink.:tank:

People still watch baseball?

DisturbdChemist said:
The thing is I do not do anything different or cant think of anything I have done different to that batch. I'm not brewing for a while until I get another freezer. This sucks. .

So, do you think ferm temp is your problem?

mmmm...NB's Rye Stout kit. Wanted to try rye. On a session beer kick and summer is over in NWI. It was my second 5-gal all grain with my new system. This batch proved what I suspect after the first batch, my system needs to do at least 8 gallon batches.

Personally love it.

Back