Unexpected Score!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
So I was installing my new 5 stage RO unit to replace the old one. The old one needed a new membrane and other parts so it was cheaper to buy a new one. Once I took the old one down, I realized that it wasn't a one piece manifold. It was acutally made of component parts, basically I just ended up with 3 single stage filters! Now I can filter my beer! I know a lot of you don't like to filter beer, but since this is essentially a free aquisition, I gotta give it a try! So how fine a filter should I get? I could even put two of these together and make a two-stage beer filter. Ooh, the possibilities!

5 micron will remove just about everything except the yeast and the size I use most. 1 micron will remove most of the yeast, 0.5 micron is considered sterile. You'll want to run through a 5 micron before a 0.5.

Use the third one for a Randal. Run a piece of pipe down the middle, pack the outer area with hops and impress the local hopheads.

Back