time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Reno has a half-hour left, but jeez, I confirmed he was right only *6 minutes* after he posted :/

Sorry guys, I was fixing my truck all day yesterday. It's really disorienting working upside-down inside the cabin trying to remove a clutch-pedal bracket.

Somebody else can go... I need time for the blood that has been pooling in my brain to drain off.

Well, let's get this rolling again. I am fresh out of photos of my own brew... That is until I crack open ones I bottled this last week. So a commercial example. I'll give a hint after I figure out which style this actually is...

image-3527886528.jpg

Crappy pic so I'll add a hint right now. It looks and is darker than typical commercial examples are of this style but still within range.

ForumRunner_20110819_234651.jpg

ForumRunner_20110819_234758.jpg

No one has gotten it and I forgot to add a hint. It's one of the few styles that strong esters are welcome and appreciated. Sorry folks, I'll stay on top of it.

None so far. This style has been modified by american brewers. The American version is more highly hopped (of course) and usually much lighter in color.

American Barleywine?

I'll take it. It's an english barleywine. I can see how my last hint may have led everyone to believe I was talking about the american version and not the english.

Back