time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottlebomber said:
That's not a sour?? Then you have a serious infection my friend. If that ain't brett then it might be buttfunkumungous c.

Haha, hoping it's not! never used these in a boil before and it seems to be leaching...or maybe i got around to that sour quicker than i thought! I'll give it up since i'm hitting the sack...

ForumRunner_20110816_224545.jpg

Dang! Close enough I guess for a tough one! Never would have guessed without that last pic.

Thanks

Give me a sec. and I've got one.

Tripel

bottlebomber said:
I know man, im still hung up on it too. Were gonna half to get through this though :mug:

Slight hijack, just to show the basil jizz...no pellicle or any weird growth...cracking it open today to hopefully keg, so i'll let u know if it soured...now back to the game!

ForumRunner_20110817_070216.jpg

I am convinced you're screwing with us now.

That, or your last hint was just awful lol

Oh.

Zeus IPA?

Ding, Ding, Ding!

IPA! See, I gave too much away! The first clue was really the bad one. It's not a Boulevard beer but they do make an IPA called Single Wide. I was referring to the glass saying "ales and lagers", hence the "half the story". Very vague, but hey it was the first clue.

It's just a recipe that I came up with that has a lot of Centennial hops.

EDIT: Key word Centennial

Just realized I said part of the story in the OP. Oh, well. Good guesses on the hops. I didn't even think of those. emjay's turn.

I'll post one in a few hours... sorry, but it's WAY too early for me to be cracking open a beer :)

Boleslaus said:
I think he's confused about the first hint. If "Ales and Lagers" was the hint, its not much of a hint.

Well it was that and also when I checked on the Boulevard site they evidently make about 200 different beers, so the fact that they make an IPA isn't really a clue because they also make almost every other style known to man. They looked really awesome though! ;) I

emjay said:
I'll post one in a few hours... sorry, but it's WAY too early for me to be cracking open a beer :)

You get 24 hours as per the rules ;) hopefully you drink something between now and then

I think he's confused about the first hint. If "Ales and Lagers" was the hint, its not much of a hint.

The first clue really sucked. I'll give you that! I *think* I was also thinking of the fact that it was an American IPA, hence the connection to Boulevard, but then again I'm completely sober right now ;)

Well it was that and also when I checked on the Boulevard site they evidently make about 200 different beers, so the fact that they make an IPA isn't really a clue because they also make almost every other style known to man. They looked really awesome though! ;)

Geez, I live here and I didn't know they that many beers! Good stuff though. Sorry for the sucky clue man!

I had to take the picture like this because you can't really see the hue otherwise, it just looked black in the pictures. Which sucks, because the particular hue WITHOUT shining light through it is pretty interesting.

Speaking of which, there's only one significant thing about the writing/logo on the glass, and it's NOT the content - you could switch it with ANY logo/text, and it'd be just as significant.

I should add, this is a commercial beer. It's actually my first time ever trying it, and it's AMAZING.

ForumRunner_20110817_205804.jpg

Nein!

BTW, there's another hint people clearly overlooked in my initial post.

Im sure its some kind of font used on the text on the mug, however I can't make out any even when zoomed so I can't get anywhere with that...

bottlebomber said:
Im sure its some kind of font used on the text on the mug, however I can't make out any even when zoomed so I can't get anywhere with that...

Nope, not the font. ANYTHING could replace it. Don't dwell on it too much though... even if you figure out that part, it only eliminates SOME beers.

I thought I saw the clues you were giving, but they aren't taking me anywhere. Could be I just haven't heard of the beer. I haven't tried many commercial beers lately except on draft. I went to a pretty good craft beer store yesterday and looked around...didn't even know some of that stuff was available in GA now.

Latest posts

Back