Drinking and Driving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
So my buddy Drunken is a pretty avid golfer and has been after me for a while to go with him. I haven't picked up a club in four years, not that I didn't enjoy golfing or anything its just that you only have so much disposable free time and disposable income. For the past four or five years I've opted to dive whenever I had some of both. But I felt bad about continually saying no to Drunken so we're going on Tuesday. Now, like I said, I haven't picked up a golf club in anger in years and wasn't that hot when I went from time to time before, but he has made us tee times here. I'd be just as happy at a $20 Par 3 course, I'm going to suck no matter where we go but he has a few free rounds that he wants to burn up by the end of the year so that's where we're going. As I understand it, its a golf course that takes it's golf pretty seriously. I used to golf so that could ride around on a golf cart in the sunshine and drink beer. Is that going to be frowned upon here?

PTN

I used to golf quite a bit when it was on the company dime. Played some nice courses as well. If I was entertaining a good customer, my boss had no problem signing off on $100+ greens fees.

But damn, all of these nice courses kicked my ass. My score would be well into 3 digits and I'd need a box of balls to get through 18 holes.

Why can't you find a course with awesome greens, great amenities and the possibility to play the neighboring fairway if you shank one?

Ya, I really like that last idea. I was at a charity tournament once, teed off and left my ball 6 inches from the cup on the "Closest to the pin" hole.

Unfortunately, I had just left that hole and was teeing off on the next one and somehow the tightwads running the tourny figured that meant I was ineligible to win. Go figure.

PTN

Latest posts

Back