Tomorrow's the day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
"First Second Lager" gets brewed tomorrow. So appropriately named after the downfall (literally) of my last (first) lager. So it's my second lager... but really still my first.

Wish me more luck than last time!

What happened to your First First Lager? You probably already posted that, but I didn't know how to search for it.

FrewBrew said:
"First Second Lager" gets brewed tomorrow. So appropriately named after the downfall (literally) of my last (first) lager. So it's my second lager... but really still my first.

Wish me more luck than last time!

more luck !

what's the brew this next last time :drunk:

I remember, It was the German Bock Lager that wen't down with the Carboy.

Good luck this time.

This made me think about these carboy handles that they sell at the HSB. The instructions say that they are only for one-handed carrying of empty carboys. Is this something they say to be protected from law suits or are they really not desiged for carrying a full carboy? I use them to carry full carboys as well and don't see a real problem with this.

Kai

So I was REALLY Starting to get worried about this batch for a while. I started this brew last Sunday. I smacked the wyeast activator pack at about noon, and brewed Monday afternoon. I started getting worried when, when I went to pitch my yeast (32 hours after activating it) it hadn't swollen at all. I figured I'd pitch anyways, and would have some sort of krausen or signs of fermentation in 48 hours (all in all ~70 hours after activating). At this point, Im really starting to get worried, and to save the brew, I decided to take a trip to my local HBS, and pick up some more yeast. The guy there was saying not to though, to just hold off. I figured what the hell, at this point... and just let it sit. I left Friday for Niagara Falls for New Years (all in all 4 days after pitching, 5 1/2 after activating) and STILL had no signs of fermentation. Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a rush being on my way to Niagara Falls, so I just said Id worry bout it when I got back.

So I got back this afternoon, and went in to take a look. On the top, I see a bunch of colonies of something white sitting on the top... Im thinking great, bacteria infection... its F'd. But think, Im too tired to deal with it right now, I'll clean up tomorrow. Few hours later, I went back to take some bottles down there, and look, and the colonies have expanded... it's now one big glazing of white... hmmmmmmm, An hour later... I stopped in again, opened the door, and heard the joyful sound of the airlock bubbling, and turn the light on to see a full krausen!

Apparently the beer was trying to say "happy new years" or something! Thankyou Yeasties!

The happy mug said:
You should have taken out a microscope! You could have watched them drop the ball! :D

I was in Canada... instead of watching the ball slide down the pole, I saw a dancer :D

Back